Sunday, April 8

Sorry guys--I was really busy at work last week, and I ran out of time to post.

So yeah, the big birthday has come and gone--no big deal, really. Mark got me a digital camera, with which I can do this:



The last blanket I will ever knit! Yes, there was a reason I kept all my crochet paraphernalia after all...



And here's Green Sweater, Version 1.4... Almost two years ago, only a few months after I started knitting, I found this amazing yarn in my favorite color--kelly green--on clearance for only a dollar a skein (!!) and determined I would make a sweater out of it. (Way optimistic of me, really!) I originally made this, but it was huge so I frogged the top and made a ghetto raglan-sleeved version of this--but it was still like, five sizes too big. (I really love Jenna Adorno's patterns, but she does design specifically to flatter smaller-busted people, so I really ought to stay away unless I'm feeling adventurous about creating waist shaping or short rows for the bust. Though honestly, the main reason it was so big is because I picked the wrong size. Beginner's mistake. Anyway, I do really like this, if I'm ever in the mood to do nothing but cables for a month.) Two weeks ago I dismantled the sweater and began making this, with short sleeves. Again, hubris--there's only so much you can screw with gauge, and this time the sweater fit fine, but you could see through it. So I am making this--my second attempt, actually. The designer is a bit heavier and a LOT taller than me, so I had to do a little math to get the fit (and the gauge, of course) right. And I'm nearly done, actually--I finished the front and one sleeve yesterday (and it fits--ha!), so I just have the second sleeve and the trim for the V-neck to do.

I will post more later this week (we have an exciting vacation planned for next week!), but I will leave you with this little tidbit for the benefit of the Lizard King... My fifteen-year-old self is ecstatic!

No comments: