Friday, May 11

Embarrassing Confession Time! (Fun for the entire family.) I just saw a commercial for Buzz Ballads...and I liked almost all of the songs. (In my defense, they do include Tori Amos's cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit".) I believe it was Dr. Evil who said, "There's nothing worse than an aging hipster." What kind of monster have I become?!

In calmer news, Reduce Reuse Recycle is finished!



It is very sturdy, considering there's a can of salmon and a box of pasta and a bunch of bananas in there.



And there's the beginning of the next project. (The color is kind of off...in real life it's average baby blue.) I got a great deal on some lot-end sport weight yarn the other day, and I already had a pattern in mind for it: the Shapely Tank Top from White Lies Designs. I've been thinking about designing fluttery sleeves, and this pattern could benefit from it so it can be more work-appropriate. But it'll take a while before I get to sleeves. Sport weight yarn on size 5 needles (yes, it calls for size 6 but I knit loose)--and count 'em thirty-six wrapped stitches on each side for the bust short rows. On the bright side, by the time I finish this it'll be the Fourth of July--and I'll have two months of ninety degree-plus weather during which this sweater will come in extremely handy.

Jeopardy! audition is tomorrow! Wish me luck. Does watching The Tudors count as studying British royal history? Where else would I learn about Saint Thomas More? (Though he was not nearly as yummy in real life as he is portrayed by Jeremy Northam...)

1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

OK, how did Jeopardy tryouts go??

Great RRR bag. Reminds me of the Jack Johnson song.