My high esteem for Weird Al is well-established, but this one is just golden. I came to grips with the Kirk v. Picard quandary myself some time ago...I have to choose Picard as a better captain, because Kirk was always such a hothead. (Riker being his equivalent in ST:TNG.) But they're both dead sexy...if it came down to it, I'd have them battle Rochambeau style. Best of three. :)

Still plugging away on yon Shapely Tank...I had more left on the back than I thought. But there's really only a few rows left. Patience, young padawan. (Incidentally, that is the actual color of the yarn. I still haven't gotten the hang of this camera thing yet. The stuffed dog is Buddha, my spirit animal. And the orange book behind the knitting? My Messiah score, from which I'm learning the three popular alto arias. The low-tessitura coloratura is really challenging me... Anyway, this is what I should be doing instead of blogging or knitting, or blogging about knitting.)
But wait...what's that?!

Dude, we have achieved tomatoes. (Though these may be the only ones we see--every year we struggle to keep the tomatoes watered, but it's kind of a losing battle when it stays over 95 degrees for six weeks every summer...)
Happy Memorial Day! Make a scarf for a little old man who fought in The Big One, why don'tcha?
2 comments:
I'm so jealous that you have achieved tomatoes! We have only just barely achieved blossoms.
Hope you guys have a great holiday weekend. I will call you soon!
Yay for the tomatoes! Mine still have to grow, but I saw a couple of blossoms on the plant yesterday, so there's still hope on the horizon! ;)
Your tank is coming along beautifully - and that little dog is so super cute!
Post a Comment