Thursday, June 21

Five Things about 10 topics... (from Amanda)
Remove the blog from the top, move all the blogs up one, add yourself to the bottom.

Twas Brillig
Ennui in the Grocery
Novembrance
NH Knitting Mama
Space Between the Notes

What were you doing ten years ago?
Summer of 1997...getting ready to start my junior year of college, working at The Children's Place, doing lots of arrangements for my a cappella group, and crushing hard on Cowboy. Ah, sweet Cowboy... [snerk]

What were you doing one year ago?
Um, sitting exactly where I am right now, at my desk at work. At that point the ill-fated (for me) Madame Butterfly production was scheduled for October, so I was probably working hard on that. Also, I was on medication for anxiety (unnecessary!) that made me totally sick. Yuck.

Five Snacks You Enjoy:
In no particular order--
1) Ice cream
2) Fresh peaches
3) Dark chocolate
4) Mojitos (a liquid snack!)
5) Cheddar cheese

Five songs you know all the lyrics to:
Um...this is what I do for a living. Well, I'll just pick long and/or interesting ones, I guess.
1) Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
2) Thunder Road (Springsteen)
3) Stairway! (Zep)
4) Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Is In) (Kenny Rogers & the First Edition)
5) We Didn't Start the Fire (Billy Joel)
(Sidebar: I'd like to say I knew all the words to "It's the End of the World As We Know It", but I don't. Michael Stipe doesn't even have that thing memorized!)

Things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Finance my husband's writing career. Whatever he wants to do.
2) Provide for my parents and grandparents.
3) Hang out in Hawaii for a while.
4) Start a foundation and give a whole lot to charity (picking from the enormous field of worthy organizations would be the most difficult part--Literacy? HIV? Human Rights?).
5) Buy a loft in Manhattan, and have all the lessons and coachings I want. Oh, and go to the Met and NYCO a lot.

Five Bad Habits:
1) Letting the clean laundry pile up on the upstairs couch
2) Not returning emails promptly
3) Taking out my angst on my poor boo
4) Not exercising enough
5) Two words: cookie dough

Five things you like to do:
1) Dance
2) Go to the beach
3) Listen to and make music (duh)
4) Knit (duh)
5) Talk and talk and talk...

Five things you will never wear again:
1) The wedding dress, which is packed in one of those special boxes
2) Platforms--I've sprained that left ankle too many times now...
3) Midriff-baring baby tees--the respectable kind from the late '90s, before ultra-low-rise jeans and the muffin top.
4) Two more words: ankle treatments. (No Excuses jeans!)
5) Anything with a tapered leg. Go on, make my butt look bigger!

Five Favorite Toys:
1) Circular needles. Seriously, the person who invented these should be nominated for sainthood.
2) My precious, precious laptop and the world it contains.
3) Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer in Empire Red.
4) DVD player
5) Cell phone

Where will I be in ten years?
I'll still be singing, hopefully in some decent houses. I'll probably be a mommy, and will definitely be forty years old.

Five people to tag:
I doubt there are enough people reading with blogs to actually tag. But help yourself, if you want!

2 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Great answers, Jennifer!

Thanks for doing this... I feel bad tagging people lately with so many meme's going around.

Luisa Perkins said...

Fun answers! My KitchenAid is Charcoal Gray.

I look forward to browsing around more....