Stress sucks, man. Ugh. I just wish my body wouldn't immediately react by making my right shoulder seize up. I am seriously tired of feeling like crap, all the time.
There's lots going on (see above), but I can't say much about the really big thing coming up--other than it involves traveling, and should be a good thing if I can get beyond the whole stressing thing. I also have a lesson with a new teacher tomorrow--another good thing, but my shoulder problem will certainly throw a wrench into that. Oh, and my car is acting up--some starter thing that my father will fix over the weekend (which meant canceling plans), but in the meantime I don't want to drive the car, to save the starts it has left in it. So Mark and I have been sharing the car so far this week--but my lesson tomorrow is two hours away, so I'm going to have to chance it with my car.
The main stressor, though, is my effing day job. I work PART-TIME for a reason--so I can concentrate on what's really important. But 175 manuscripts dropped on my desk two weeks ago (figuratively--they're actually on the computer, thankfully), and I have yet to approach the bottom of the pile. And immediately I got bitchy with Mark, and my shoulder and neck cramped up, and I've been having really awful dreams... The more I think about it, the more I realize that I've been taking my office job way too seriously. To the point where I was vacillating about auditioning to go back to Florida next winter (which would be a great step for me, with the fach change and all) because I would have to QUIT MY DAY JOB. Umm...WTF?! And honestly, I can make a hell of a lot more money (and work fewer hours) teaching voice than I do at my office job. Another thing: the daughter of one of my co-workers is about to start college, and my coworker mentioned how her daughter was interested in painting, but is primarily thinking of majoring in some medical-type field. I mentioned how difficult it is financially to be an artist, and that only doing it on the side is nothing to be ashamed of, and that it doesn't reflect poorly on one's talents--to which my coworker said, "Oh, like you." NO, not at ALL like me!! Would I work part-time in a field that had nothing to do with my MASTER'S DEGREE, which I will be paying for into the foreseeable future, if I were only singing "on the side"?! Hmm...maybe they just don't understand. That's about right, I guess.
I feel a little better now. Thanks, Blog! =')
Knitting news: not much to report. I made that hat, but it's too big even after making it 20 percent smaller--more work to do there. The cardi is too boxy, so I'll have to add some shaping or something, maybe. The second sock is underway, and at least I know that will fit...
3 comments:
Hi, Jennifer!
I'm so sorry you're having a stressful time right now. I, too, become very stressed out to the point that I am affected physically.
I talked to my doctor about it, because I was having panic attacks pretty bad. I am now on a medication that I only need to take when I feel a panic attack coming on, and it helps so much. I don't have the physical lock up that I used to. And, the medication is so mild that I don't get kooky, either. You can always email me if you want to talk more privately. nhknittingmama at comcast dot net
((WINK)) Amanda
Thanks... I've had trouble with meds in the past (all of last summer, for instance!), and I already take a bunch of prescriptions so I'm pretty gun-shy about going through it all again. I'm generally okay once I'm able to talk things out...
Peek a boo--I see you.
I hope to send you some nice, and hopefully destressing, gifts in your package this summer...
Your VV secret pal...
Post a Comment