Monday, June 11

Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap Questionnaire!
(This is my first knitting swap, so bear with me.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
Either Hawaii or Alaska--to walk on a volcano or a glacier, respectively.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
In the realm of possibility, probably Germany--so I can practice my German, go to the Bayreuth Festspielhaus, tour the Mosel wine country, visit long-lost relatives in Munich and Heidelberg, look at castles and cathedrals... In the realm of improbability, Tahiti sure would be nice.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
Several times a year, blech. I've made the trip from North Carolina to New York quite a few times in the past eight years. I've also been from New York to Bar Harbor, Maine; North Carolina to southern Florida; and last summer, North Carolina to Ohio to New York to North Carolina. I have a lot of miles on my car.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
We honeymooned in Cancun--does an all-inclusive count as "exotic"? We climbed Chichen-Itza, if it helps. I also spent a month in Portugal when I was eight, but we were visiting relatives so I don't consider it "exotic".

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
Any time I travel with my boo, it's my favorite vacation. (Awwwwww...)

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
There's a lot to do in North Carolina--we actually take a lot of weekend trips. We just spent our "second honeymoon" in a cabin eight miles from the Tennessee border--fabulous.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
The perfect vacation would combine all three--but if I had to choose, museum visitor.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
Probably superwash wool. All wool if I'm felting, of course. Lightning strike me down, but I sometimes kind of like eyelash yarn--in moderation.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
Scratchy acrylic, or things I'm allergic to (see below).

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
I knit scarves, hats and felted bags for gifts, occasional sweaters for myself :)...I'm working on my first sock and all is well. I mainly just crochet afghans right now.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
Usually the project I'm working on, plus another in case I finish.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
I kind of love Sculpey. (I made a Nativity set last December--though it was a small one.) I've also had passing affairs with beads and papermaking.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
I'm pretty seriously allergic to angora. I may or may not be allergic to mohair and alpaca, but I'd rather not take the chance. Food-wise, I have a yucky soy allergy.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
My favorite colors are red, green and purple. I can't handle fluorescent colors.

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
Sweet, baby! Bring on the chocolate! (But not those cream-flavored truffles.)

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?
I like cute and/or quirky things. I'm not much into flowery, embroidery stuff. My style is relatively modern and/or retro--I like clean lines and bright colors.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

New post tomorrow--with sock pictures! (Sorry for not posting much last week--I had some work obligations.)

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Seems like you've had some great travels! I'd love to hear more about things to do in NC (we're considering moving there in the next year or two)...

This is my first swap, too!

Anonymous said...

This was totally interesting to read through - my whole body screams "travelling" right now! ;)

Sharon said...

Do you speak Portuguese? I speak Spanish and was with a group from Brasil once and we could make ourselves understood. It was so cool!!