More randomness--quickly because I have to work on yet another English aria. When will I find one that works?!
--Inspired by Cathy's email linking to a fourfour post: Orange Plaza has its own entry on deadmalls.com! Some of the anecdotes aren't quite right (there indeed were stores downstairs! And that Chinese restaurant owned by Phillip Chu's family), but it's pretty accurate. Yay suburban decay!
--I was unaware of Obama Girl until this afternoon (that's another song--but this one is even funnier)...
Especially the part where Giuliani Girl wants to be "Number Four". Hilarious.
--Helen's pillow is done, and it will go into the mail once I have her new address (hint hint) along with a little something cute and fun for Margaret. I'm plugging away on the RRR bag (it seems to be going a lot quicker than the last one) and have also worked on the second of the Holey socks, but not much.
--Can you believe I'm starting to think about holiday presents already? I did start last year's gifts in August, so I guess I'm not so far off. I've been collecting new scarf patterns, and there will be some slippers and mittens in the mix as well. It's hard to talk about while it's still over ninety degrees...
--New Star Trek movie!! A PREQUEL!!! With the very hot Zachary Quinto (aka Sylar!!!!) as Young Spock!!!!! This news merits extreme punctuation!!!!!! They're still not saying who'll play Young James Tiberius Kirk...and I really can't think of anybody who really resembles a young William Shatner. Ryan Phillippe comes to mind, but I think that's only because I saw Cruel Intentions the other night. (What's with Sarah Michelle Gellar's hair in that movie? Seriously, it's weird looking.) It may have to be a newcomer...
--And in other nerd news, we saw The Simpsons (movie) Friday night, and it was really great--though I could've used more Ralph Wiggum. The only negative to the experience was with the HORRIBLE movie trailers. You'd think for a PG-13 movie they'd know better than to show previews for painfully awful kids' movies. Paul Giamatti as Santa Claus, anyone?
--I have started picking up items for my VV Swap partner...I almost bought a mug with my city's vital statistics that I saw at Starbucks. I may still go back for it. But is that too cheesy?
--And lastly: the first Led Zeppelin box set is now on sale at my local Costco. I saw it, hugged it, and was able to put it down--which I guess means I'm not crazy enough to buy a CD version of something I've had on tape since I was fourteen. :)
1 comment:
You've been busy!
I don't think the mug is cheesy, I'd buy the LZ box set, because tapes die. I don't like to watch previews at the movies at all...
Post a Comment