Knit 1 Tea 2 Color Swap Questionnaire (because that Wagner aria doesn't really want to be learned, does it? groan...
1. Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try?
I like both, though the bags are more convenient--but I lost my tea strainer ball in a move a few years ago, so I might need one of those first... :)
2. What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)?
Bigelow Mint Medley, my all-time favorite. I also really like Celestial Seasonings Decaf Mandarin Orchard Green Tea--or the Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea. Whenever I'm at an Asian restaurant, I order the Thai Tea or bubble tea (which my husband thinks is gross, but whatever).
3. Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up).
Hm. Probably green tea. Rooibos and black are fine--I've never had white tea, but I'd rather try that on my own first!
4. Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind?
We have an electric kettle that we love a whole lot.
5. What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself?
A tea strainer would be nice, since I don't have one anymore. And maybe a honey dipper with a cute bumblebee or bear on the handle. (Alton Brown may strike me down for coveting a "unitasker"...but hell, Mr. AB can do whatever he wants with me. giggles)
6. How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc).
Ooh, all of the above! Actually, a hot stone massage is a favorite, rarely-experienced indulgence. And pedi's are cool, too.
7. If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why?
Pound of Love, 'cuz I'm fat, cheap and prickly...I kid!! I guess... handpainted wool, because I'm colorful, (relatively) low-maintenance and squishy. :)
8. If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why?
Probably the fair isle--because I'm always up for a challenge, and I like colorwork just fine if I can carry the yarn on the WS.
9. What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?)
A wine-and-cheese party, because they are two of my favorite things.
10. What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?)
Stella d'Oro Breakfast Treats! They remind me so much of my great-grandmother. But since I've never seen them outside of metro New York, biscotti will do.
11. When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute?
I almost always substitute. This is a problem that I have. And it's generally for economic reasons, but also because I'm allergic to angora, and like things that are machine washable.
12. What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go?
It's currently in a weird little tote bag I've had since the early '80s...but it's not ideal. I should probably get a proper knitting bag. Maybe I'll suggest it to my parents for Christmas...
13. Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting?
Not anything in particular. Last night it was this. I've knit during subtitled movies, but I don't get much done that way. Maybe a Star Wars movie, since I know them so well I won't get too distracted.
14. Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match?
I'm definitely a mug person, partly because I'm klutzy and the sturdier the glass, the better! But it might be nice to have a cute, dedicated cup and saucer.
15. Favorite childhood birthday party?
Yanno, I don't really remember them. There was my seventh birthday, where we all had nightmares from watching Thriller and one girl had to go home because of an allergic reaction to chocolate. My fifteenth birthday was kind of cool, but I got sick from eating cold, leftover Pizza Hut... These descriptions are not helping, are they? :)
16. Favorite type of scone and jam?
Probably the plain scone with raisins. I like strawberry and blueberry jam, preferably the low-sugar kind.
17. If you use candles, what is your favorite scent?
Sandalwood, lavender, amber?
18. If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead).
My great-grandmother (my mother's mother's mother, who grew up in Bavaria and actually observed teatime every day at three!), my grandmother (father's mother, who is one of my favorite people, and also enjoys tea)...Is it too hackneyed to say Jesus? Would Jesus drink tea? (What Would Jesus Drink? lol)
19. You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)?
A feather boa and a tiara, just because.
20. Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to?
I'm allergic to angora on the outside and soy on the inside. I don't like spiced holiday tea, or anise/black licorice-flavored anything. I do like chai, but it's way too much sugar for me to consume regularly.
21. Anything we missed that you want your pal to know?
-I usually have a cup of black tea every morning at work (right now it's Earl Grey, but I'm getting tired of that), which is just enough caffeine to keep me sane.
-I drink a lot of unsweet tea at restaurants, with lemon and Sweet-n-Low or stevia.
-Being an opera singer, I can vouch for the effectiveness of slippery elm tea--Traditional Medicinals' Throat Coat really does the trick, even if I don't like the taste (anise, ew).
-In 2003 I toured the Celestial Seasonings plant in Boulder, Colorado--it was really cool, and it did actually foster a bit of brand loyalty, sad to say...
2 comments:
Welcome to the swap! Thanks for posting your questionnaire.
This is your swap buddy! I am looking forward to putting together your package...happy knitting and tea drinking.
Post a Comment