Friday, January 4

We got the car! And it only took five hours, including the test drive and having it evaluated by a mechanic. We haven't taken a picture yet (next post), but it's an LE and it's gold. Very low miles, and it looks great except for some bluish stains on the headrests (we have a theory that the previous owners were really old, and the blue is from the wife's hair rinse!). Mark is very excited. It's really cool to drive a newer car when you've been driving old cars for so long. We have a six-CD changer!

While at the dealership I tried to work on a Zokni, but the lace pattern is too irregular to keep track of while you're listening to F&I crap. Here's what it looks like:


I have about 2 inches before the toe now. It's really pretty, but it does require a lot of attention.

Oh, and by the way, here's another FO that I don't even think I blogged about:


Remember the sweater I made from the '70s-vintage Mademoiselle DIY fashion book? Well, I decided it was all wrong--the sleeves were WAY too long, and it just made me look like a blob. So I frogged it and made this sweater (Top-Down Raglan Cardigan). Mods: I futzed with the gauge (adapted for this yarn--Bernat Soft Boucle--which I loved as a beginner but now I HATE and will never work with again), made 3/4 sleeves and attempted short rows at the bust (maybe I didn't really need them, since it made the front hem kind of pointy, but it actually looks kind of cute). I may add another button below the first--not sure yet.

Speaking of frogging, I've also decided to ditch the cropped cardigan I made in August. Why did I ever think a cropped cardigan would work on me?! Anyway, it's never fit right (I've learned I need to be careful about the shoulder sections on top-down raglans, or else they get baggy in the underarm area --I'm just not as fat as my boobs would lead one to believe!), so I end up tugging at it all day. Not cool. I'm not even going to frog it--it's been frogged at least once before, and it contains the aforementioned loathsome boucle yarn. I suppose I'll give it to Goodwill--maybe it will fit someone. Anyway, I've finished swatching and am about to cast on for another cardigan: Mr. Greenjeans from the Fall Knitty. More gauge tinkering was necessary. Le sigh. But I have high hopes for this one, I do.

So there is more going on than knitting--I actually have quite a few performances coming up--but I'll talk about them later. Also, if I owe you an email--I'm working on it!

3 comments:

nuttnbunny said...

Can't wait to see how Greenjeans shapes up!

Nik said...

You always make sweaters that are very flattering on you. This one is cute.

Anonymous said...

Nice sweater. It's a great shape.