Thursday, April 3

My 400th blog post came and went about two weeks ago, and I didn't even notice! I do want to have a contest, like all the cool kids are doing...but that gives me time to think of something good. An idea: for my 420th blog post (snicker) people will have to write me with the stupidest thing they did in college, and I will send them either a completed Bloody Stupid Johnson or the materials to complete one themselves.

I make myself giggle, and that in itself is lame. Anyway, if I blog about once a week that'll put us at about Labor Day, which is a good time to think about making hats. If you live in Nunavit. No, seriously, one would be well prepared for the fall at that rate. So I'll keep it in mind. The other contest option would be for my 416th post (the date of my wedding anniversary), in which people would have to tell me about something mushy, and I would give something appropriate. Again, I'd have many months to think about this...

The last week or so has been pretty weird. I've had two falls which could've been really serious, but I ended up being okay. I tripped hard over the curb on my way to a rehearsal downtown and fell facedown, ending up with a scraped hand and knee. And Monday morning I slipped getting in the shower and hit my head on the edge of the tub; I have some bruises and a sore spot above my right temple, but I really could've hurt myself, especially since Mark had already left for work. I did succeed in making a huge mess in the bathroom, though, when I took half the curtain down with me... Anyway, I have survived. And I finally have a doctor's appointment this afternoon so I can start on steroid sinus spray again. Maybe I've been falling because my equilibrium's off because my allergies are so bad lately. Seriously, everything looks so beautiful and pastel and alive outside...and I am allergic to it all. Bummer.

Speaking of pastels, this little baby is blocking right now.


The Wabenschal, which happens to match the current view off my porch. I'll make sure I get an outside FO shot for this one. (Speaking of photos, this one is particularly fascinating. I see at least two science fiction series prominently displayed, along with some Arthur C. Clarke. And Ute Hagen, incongruously.) I was so fastidious (I thought) and measured exactly how much yarn I used for the beginning section, so I would have just enough left for the end section, but I made a mistake somewhere apparently. I did have to frog back forty rows, but no worries. It worked up pretty fast, but I will admit I was beginning to get bored with it--right about the time I finally had the pattern reasonably memorized. Nice the way that works. Anyway, I'm blocking the hell out of this so it'll be about 14 x 72 inches. And it is sooo soft.

Also, I finished the secret ninja socks for Mark.


These were lightning-fast (stockinette will do that, I suppose), and this time my math worked in that I only have about five yards of each color left. All that calculus is being used, finally. ;D And the Jawoll really knits up beautifully--there are some very slight color variations that are just so pretty. Plus it's nice and soft, so hopefully the purl bumps will not irritate his feet. (That's been a problem with those evil Cable Rib Socks, which I'm hoping will soften with repeated washing...)

On the needles now: the infamous Pomatomus, with the newly-minted Berocco Sox. No pictures yet, but it is a little stripier than I thought it would be; the red in particular is a bit jarring. But the pattern is way easier than I thought it would be, after reading up on people's projects on Ravelry. I do not mind twisted rib, after all...

Before I forget, there's a new blog I love: Stuff White People Like. Funny stuff there. Plus now I have ample reason to point and laugh (alla Nelson) at Mark for his predilection for wearing shorts nine months out of the year.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds interesting...might have to add an entry into your contest when you get to 420 posts. (~.~)