Monday, February 1

Anna had a meme on her blog a few weeks ago that I really liked, but am not getting around to until today...

The idea is to wander around your house one day, taking photos. Nothing too staged, just how things look on that day.

You shall see just how non-staged things are.

In the kitchen


Yep, there are cups to wash, and the drying rack is full. And there's my tea, next to the kettle. No worries.

On the nightstand


My great-grandmother gave me that panda when I was born, and I haven't found a permanent place for it yet since the move. The Santa tin is full of wonderful hand salve Helen made for me.

In your work/craft space


I like to sit at this corner of the couch to knit, do translations, watch TV... We have one of those couches that looks green in real life, but is completely absent of color in photos--plus it has a nap that makes it look even more muddy. Next time we buy furniture, we'll choose a different type of fabric.

Out the window


...which is why I'm getting to this today. We had five inches of snow Friday night and Saturday morning, and yesterday was sunny but didn't get above freezing. Our road is not plowed, and will not be plowed, because this city of 400,000 people owns about a dozen plows total--but the driveway is a bigger problem. Unless we have a big melt today, the Corolla's not going anywhere until Wednesday. I have a rehearsal tonight, and I'm still not sure how I'm going to get there...

On your feet


Pink slippers, bathroom floor.

Knitting or knitwear in action


The pattern is a vest that I've modified for gauge and to add sleeves. At this point I think both lower arms will be ribbed in the contrast color (Noro Big Kureyon), because I'm just about out of the red (Cascade Eco+, which is great and inexpensive). A few weeks ago I realized I didn't own one pullover sweater. This is more of a layering piece, which I'll be able to wear as outerwear in the next three weeks. The back came out a little baggy for my taste--I'm hoping blocking will take care of that.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Yay! My first look inside your beautiful new house! :)

Jennifer said...

You're always welcome to come visit, you know... :)

Anonymous said...

I think I have that very same couch. Thanks for the hugs.