Thursday, February 25

Apparently I was a bit too optimistic about the recital thing. Either that, or I jinxed myself. The accompanist who seemed so interested in working with me had some sort of pathological condition involving returning my emails. It should not take two weeks to give me a list of available dates, especially when I have six whole weeks wide open. Oh, and this happened twice. Anyway, because of this person's slack attitude*, I will have to postpone until the fall. I am beyond pissed about this, and I definitely will not contact this person to play for me again unless I have no choice. So I'm trying to move on, and I'm going to be working on a few roles and some Wagner until the summer, when I'll get back to the recital rep. This also gives me a chance to maybe throw in a cantata or something, so maybe (MAYBE) this is a good thing.

*I am trying so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt--I know they are busy, and have a sick parent--but the person has a smart phone, and I know they received my emails--and it should not take ten days to come up with an ambivalent one-line email. Grrrr arrrrgh...

In other news, we are having a housewarming party this weekend--I suppose I should do laundry before then. :) I've also been knitting furiously during the Olympics--though I never entered any organized events, I think my pace would get me a Nordic combined medal, at least. I finished Mark's Valentine's Day socks before the Olympics started:



(Pattern is Jacobean, yarn is from the now-defunct Rio de la Plata.) Once again I chose a pattern too busy for the yarn, but whatever, he likes them. I've also finished my second try at the Drops jacket; I need to buy more buttons and finish weaving in the ends. It's currently blocking, and I really hope I made it big enough (swatch FAIL--I don't know what happened!). I also managed to do some surgery on that black cardigan--completely changed the neckline and turned it into a pullover. I'm pretty satisfied with it, though I still wanted a cardigan... Oh, and last night I finished the Silk Garden cowl, though I need to make it smaller (undoing a graft, ugh). Pictures to follow! Right now I am back working on a baby blanket for the future niece/nephew (kitchen cotton, so I can only do a bit at a time), a super-easy shawlette for a friend's birthday, and vanilla socks for my portable project. I do have more lace on the horizon, and a more exciting pair of socks...and I suppose I need to get back to that baby sweater.

1 comment:

Heather Wardell said...

What a horrible pain about the accompanist. When I was taking my conservatory exams in clarinet I had to find accompanists and it's nearly impossible.

I hope it works in the fall!