Friday, February 5

I'm in love...with a yarn.


(Of course the photo doesn't do it justice...I took it!)

I've had this Noro Silk Garden since the summertime--on sale!--but hadn't worked with it until the other day, when I started this pattern. Within minutes I was staring at my four rows of stockinette with wonder and awe. This may be the most beautiful yarn in the world--and so much softer than I expected for all the mohair! I wish it weren't so expensive...

Speaking of Noro, I've just finished two projects using two different weights of Kureyon (must be Noro week here)--the yoked sweater and my Nightsongs shawl. I'll have Mark take some pictures this weekend.

2 comments:

Heather Wardell said...

I haven't yet used Noro. I do like some of the colours but some of the others, in the same ball no yet, don't grab me. I am too control-freaky to let my yarn wander off colour-wise.

Perhaps I should buy some Noro and get over myself? :)

Jennifer said...

It's definitely a lesson in serenity. There will probably be a knot that causes a jarring color change, for example. Depending on what I'm making, I'll either cut it out and find a better spot to transition into, or I'll just let it go...