On a happier, more materialistic note, we set up our baby registries this weekend. It was actually kind of exhausting. I had been doing all this research on strollers and carseats and stuff, and ended up mostly relying on Consumer Reports. Friday night Mark had a meeting, so I went out to Target to do some preparatory field work. At least only one stroller fell on my head...it was that kind of embarrassing moment where you're kind of injured, but actually glad nobody was around to see it. I probably should've reported the incident, but I was not bleeding, so I figured I was okay. ;) Anyway, we're all set up now. I'll probably continue to add things one by one as I think of things. I'm just really afraid we're going to get Precious Moments/Disney princess/"Daddy's Little Angel"-type stuff that I find tacky and/or offensive. I know I can't really control this (although doesn't my family know me?! Shouldn't they know that I hate that kind of crap?!), so in the meantime I will practice my fake plastic smile and PRAY that people give me receipts... Yeah, we also hate things that make noise, and are minimalists. This should be interesting!
Another FO picture, as promised. I finished this tiny Multnomah in late January, I think... I had a 300-yard skein of Jitterbug, purchased before I learned that it wasn't that great for socks (hence the name Jitterbug...).

Because I had so little yardage, I knew I would have to fudge a bit. I went up a few needle sizes, omitted the WS decreases because I don't care for crescent-shaped shawls anyway, and started the lace when I was able to do a bit more than ten repeats on each side. Then I just knit until I ran out of yarn. It actually works pretty well as a neckerchief, and is surprisingly soft.

Because I had so little yardage, I knew I would have to fudge a bit. I went up a few needle sizes, omitted the WS decreases because I don't care for crescent-shaped shawls anyway, and started the lace when I was able to do a bit more than ten repeats on each side. Then I just knit until I ran out of yarn. It actually works pretty well as a neckerchief, and is surprisingly soft.
1 comment:
Oy. I sure hope you don't get tons of "Little Princess!"/"Spoiled ROTTEN!" stuff, but some people just can't help themselves. But, you're a performer, you can plaster that smile right on there.
Off to look for your registry now... :)
Post a Comment