Friday, March 13

Ah, bummer.

I like this song, but I don't love this video.  And now that I've heard her stripped-down performance for NPR, I don't love her voice, either.  Too bad!  I would have LOVED this song when I was 15.  Along with most of the other angsty girls.




In other news, my daughter's friend asked me if I "had a baby in my tummy" today.  (Probably time to get rid of this shirt!  But seriously, it does actually have gathers in the stomach region--plus it's too short.  It would've been a fine maternity shirt if it were longer.)  When I said no, she asked why I was fat.  (I may not even be paraphrasing.)  I told her that some people are fat and some are skinny, and that it's no big deal.  I was definitely not offended--she's barely four, and was just curious, plus I know I do not in actuality look pregnant--but I'm really glad her mother wasn't right there to hear!  Can you imagine how mortifying that would be?!?  I would want to sink into the earth.

No comments: