Anyway, this is the second candidate for Saddest Song in the World. It was so sad that Joan freaking Baez decided to cover it. And I checked that: this is a Dar Williams original--in case your ears deceived you! It was topical, as I mentioned, because damn, we had a rough February! There were no keys freezing in ponds, but it was thirty degrees below normal. We have daffodils and seasonable temperatures at the moment, but jeez, it snowed TWO WEEKS AGO. Nuts.
(It would be remiss of me not to mention that my grandfather also died two weeks ago. It sucks, and he will be fondly remembered by just about everyone he met--even if they'd just drunk his wine--but he hadn't been himself in so many years, and he was really suffering those last few weeks. Rosina and I got to see him in early February, luckily on a good day, so at least we got to cheer him up. I will never smell Old Spice without thinking of him. All this said, his death is not why I'm posting sad songs!)
(It would be remiss of me not to mention that my grandfather also died two weeks ago. It sucks, and he will be fondly remembered by just about everyone he met--even if they'd just drunk his wine--but he hadn't been himself in so many years, and he was really suffering those last few weeks. Rosina and I got to see him in early February, luckily on a good day, so at least we got to cheer him up. I will never smell Old Spice without thinking of him. All this said, his death is not why I'm posting sad songs!)
No comments:
Post a Comment