Wednesday, March 11

The Saddest Song in the World, Part 1

As I contemplated my blog recently, many months after my last post, I realized what I was really in the mood for was making a mix tape.  Yes, an update is due--though the few of you who read here know plenty about my life--but I remembered how much fun I had making mix tapes.  All the ridiculous attention paid to artwork and song order... I think the last one I made was for Mark when we first started dating, with many of the songs downloaded from Napster (!!!)--like when it was free and questionably legal--and a preponderance of Foo Fighters.  And while I could certainly make dozens of YouTube playlists, maybe it's just cool to drop in a video or two.  (Don't I do that a lot here, anyway?)

This came on the radio the other day, and it really is one of only a few songs outside of Puccini that could possibly make me cry.  (Another, which has been extremely topical, will follow later/tomorrow.)  This video is extremely '90s, but I think the song still really stands up.  (Other than the fact that it's certainly harder nowadays to get an abortion in North Carolina...but that is a topic for another day!)

No comments: