Wednesday, April 2

Today was our first performance of the opera. The audience was completely composed of middle-school students who didn't understand what was going on. They liked the part where Falstaff got hit with sticks and was ridden like a horse, though... I'm having a good time with the opera, even though I'm just in the ensemble. Or maybe because I'm just in the ensemble--very low-stress. When I don't need to worry about my part, I have even less stage fright than usual. Now tomorrow I'm worried about --I have to sing in the Wolf song rep class. Must take low breaths! Must control my palate space! Must portray two different characters (a Romany woman and a cocky man who's a bad shot)! All that in front of a professor whose approval I need to have for next year. I guess I shouldn't put so much pressure on myself and just SING.

Just now I had a meeting with my opera professor about my paper. Yuck. It's due a week from Friday (4/11). Then the rough draft for my dance paper is due the following Monday (4/14). You'd think I could relax a bit on the rough draft--except that I don't know anything about my topic yet, and I have to read like TWENTY articles before then.

Ergghhhh....stress.....

So now I have to go to Student Health and tell my PA that the Zantac like, TOTALLY doesn't work on me....Wish me luck... :)

No comments: