Thursday, February 12

I slept for ten or eleven hours last night, and do feel better, though I'm still having problems with my neck and the base of my tongue is sore. I chilled most of the day today--did some laundry, watched bad television--but when I went up to my room at about three o'clock I realized that I had missed a call before noon from my voice teacher telling me that I'm singing on a master class tomorrow. Oh, and my accompanist can't make it. I'm really happy to be doing it--I'll get to work with a Feldenkrais teacher, which is a great opportunity--but I just wasn't prepared. Plus it's pretty early in the morning, so I'll have to be up early (therefore in bed early and packed for the weekend). But I think I can get someone to play for me--if not, my teacher can do it, but I'm sure she'd rather watch.

I think I need to get my priorities straightened out. Any time something comes up, I immediately focus on the inconveniences involved. Even when the unexpected things are positive. That is just screwed up. Like, if James Levine (Met Artistic Director) wanted to give me a private audition, would I bitch about having to fly up to New York? Please. I'm not allowed to complain about anything anymore. Except when my housemate gets in the bathtub when I have to use the bathroom. Which happens every night, by the way.

Meeting Sandra for yoga...

Why do I sound like such a materialistic yuppie these days?


No comments: