Thursday, February 26

A quick entry, as I am at a stand-up terminal in heels and I have to pee and it's snowing:

Just had my Opera North audition. I sang well, and the extra work I did yesterday subtexting my arias really helped me focus my energies. The director was nice, and liked me, but didn't think there was anything for me to sing there. He did think I should start auditioning for year-round apprentice programs, though--specifically he said Sarasota. A girl from my studio who graduated last year is there right now, so it's a familiar entity. ANYWAY, even if I didn't get anything, it was a positive experience.

So the audition explains the heels (and the full bladder, actually). I am in a burgundy dress, cut low in the back and front, with beaded silk split angel sleeves. And three-inch heels. It's time to change.

Re: snow...It started a bit before one o'clock, and is going hard enough for the university to close at four. I was supposed to see JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR this evening (two people from my studio are in it, including the cutie-pie freshman who is singing Pilate), and now I'm not sure if I'll be able to at all. So I'll be at home, cleaning the apartment and watching FRIENDS.

Anyway, like I said, heels, snow and pee. So I'm off like a prom dress.

p.s. The link from Tuesday is a cartoon (in Korean, possibly?) in which cute little anthropomorphic maggots dance around lumps of poo. I think they're singing about how poo looks like yummy foods like peanuts and onion rings to them. The most disturbing part is when a cartoon butt actually, um, defecates with an audible [[squish!]]. It is very, VERY weird.




No comments: