Things are going well here. I'm having a pretty good day--gossipping (sp?) a lot, and not necessarily getting a lot of work done, but a good day nonetheless. No, I take that back--I was moving nonstop until five, and then the gossipping began. Mostly talking about the cutiepie 19-year-old in my studio who I did NOT get to see in Jesus Christ Superstar because they couldn't reschedule the performances. And other stuff. But anyway, it's all good.
Tomorrow we begin the three-day run of COSI for all the fifth-graders in the county. Apparently it will total about four thousand people. I wish we'd had the opportunity to see an opera when we were in school. I think it would have had a great effect on some people. Anyway, we had a crazy rehearsal today--too much cutting up and too much innuendo which will not fly with the kids. For instance, there are these Greek-inspired statues in the walls of the theater, and the two guys got a bit familiar with them as they walked through the audience. Despite some of the petty shit that went on, doing this opera was a great experience for me, vocally and dramatically educational as well as just being damn FUN. Thursday will be our last performance. Adieu, COSI.
I guess I should get dinner...
Oh, but here's a site that sells WWJD underwear. Thought some of you might be interested...
No comments:
Post a Comment