Friday, March 5

Friday Five

What was...

1. ...your first grade teacher's name?

Mrs. Bender, who later became the G&T person for the district, then had some big thing with BOCES, right? The main thing I remember about her was that she wore this particular perfume, and she pronounced the word "ideas" like "eye-dee-urs". What kind of accent is that?

2. ...your favorite Saturday morning cartoon?

Always liked LOONEY TUNES. And SCOOBY-DOO, I guess.

3. ...the name of your very first best friend?

Was it K.K.?

4. ...your favorite breakfast cereal?

We never had sugary cereal in our house, so at Grandma's we got to eat Lucky Charms or Cocoa Krispies...

5. ...your favorite thing to do after school?

Probably play with Barbies or watch JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS. And to this day, I am still truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Voice is still shit. I am very frustrated. Resting today. After all, I have these comps to work on. My voice teacher got back to me, though, and she wants me to do some take-home work on a bunch of composers, then just do some matching on the exam day. So that's a load off. I just really need to get going.

And by the way, it's amazing outside. High of 77 degrees, they say. Advanced Vocal Pedagogy was held outside today. (Our professor told us it was the first time he'd ever taught outside. The only problem was the construction going on behind us--it made it difficult to hear.) And I am wearing my official summer uniform--long skirt with sandals. And here it is only March 5--a full month before my birthday, which in New York has historically been 55 degrees and raining.

And speaking of my birthday, I am beginning to assemble a wish list on Amazon. Mostly just for fun. Hopefully you will enjoy it.

No comments: