I should have updated before now, but I've been busy working on music and my program and stuff. And I do have to leave in 20 minutes, so I'll be brief:
I haven't heard anything definite about my comps yet--although my voice teacher said she was really impressed. In fact, she considers it proof that I'm "one of those freaky-smart people". In case you didn't already know. :P So I guess she's going to pass me.
This afternoon I had lunch with E., and then we went to this consignment store where I purchased the most amazing item: a plastic hanger with a huge picture of Tom Selleck's head on it (a la Magnum, P.I.). It cost four dollars, but it was worth it. It's in mint condition.
B.J.'s already at my parents' house, and he's driving up to Mark's tomorrow. We're going to the state art museum and then we'll have dinner somewhere. I'm really curious about this girlfriend. I'm sure she's nice... Oh, yeah, and did you know, Helen, that he's living with your brother and Rich M. and his girlfriend? I did not.
Last note: I only have about a week before I find out about that certificate program I applied for... I really, REALLY want this. But I know that it's a real long shot. I'm trying to stay positive, but not get my hopes up too high at the same time. Difficult... If I don't get in, there's this opera outreach program in Charlotte I'm interested in. It's for about five months in the fall and spring. That would also be a great experience. Mark seems increasingly more convinced that we need to live together. He is quite willing to change jobs. I guess I always thought he wanted to stay with his company, but he keeps telling me that the only way for him to advance is to move to other papers. Honestly, I think he's kind of frustrated with his editor, so he might welcome the change. I really think he ought to stay on through the election, but that's just me. And I'm pretty sure he will. But it's still pretty sweet that he wants us to live together. Though I don't think he's thought much about the logistics--last night I asked him where I would put my clothes, and he seemed pretty resistant to sharing his (HUGE) closet. Well now, he'll have to deal with that... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment