Thursday, March 18

I heard about this yesterday. Well, that's mildly upsetting. Completely unconstitutional, of course. Why can't these jerks just fill potholes and give parking tickets, like they're supposed to? Whatever...

My friend gave an INCREDIBLE recital last night--really difficult music handled well, great energy and intensity. Wonderful overall--we're so proud! Unfortunately my other friend had her recital jury yesterday, and did not pass. She'll have to reschedule it for over the summer or in the fall. She is very talented and works really hard, but she and her teacher just aren't sure what music she should be singing. She has to switch teachers anyway (hers is going abroad for a year), so hopefully this is all for the best and her new teacher will get her on the right track. It's just really upsetting. AND it got me freaked out about MY recital jury, which is two weeks from tomorrow. I really have no reason to worry--I'm musically and technically prepared (with a few minor issues), 90% memorized and feel ready to perform 60% of it right now. And I still have six weeks before my recital. Of the last two pieces still in development, one is pretty much spoken (with LOTS of text to memorize) and the other one is probably the hardest piece musically I've ever done. Harder than the Strauss. This thing is insane. I don't know what key it's in.

Anyway, that's boring. I have news! B.J. is driving down from New York next weekend, and I'll get to see him on the 27th. I haven't seen him since...I don't remember. Probably more than a year. And he's bringing down his girlfriend. This is apparently the first time my parents have EVER met one of his girlfriends. It must be pretty serious. Jeff's had some high-profile relationships, but I haven't seen B.J. with anyone since high school. When I think of my brothers' girlfriends, I get this one composite image in my head, of a very short, petite girl with short brown hair dyed purple. I don't know where this image comes from--if one of them actually dated somebody that looked like that. Jeff's first girlfriend had blonde hair with pink streaks...but they didn't go out for very long. In any case, I'm very curious and looking forward to the visit.

It's after three! I have to eat lunch.

No comments: