I only have a minute, as I am supposedly busy doing research...
I did sing on Saturday--I wasn't at my best, and the acoustics totally sucked in that room, but I did pretty well considering everything. If these two RINGERS hadn't come I might even have won some cash. But my friend Sandra--who I carpooled with--won third place. We were so excited! She works so hard and totally deserved it.
The application materials for the certificate program I auditioned for in December (incidentally, the same one the ringers above are currently enrolled in) are due on Friday. I would have sent them already, except that my director hasn't given me his recommendation letter yet. He already has one on file for me--all he has to do is tack some comments about COSI on the bottom and change the date. It would take ten minutes, max. While it's true that he's busy, I'm getting a little antsy about this. There are two other people from here that applied--they were also in COSI. I wonder if they've gotten their letters yet--they both kiss his ass hard-core, so probably so...
Oh, speaking of which--Friday morning, as I walked into the music building, someone stopped me and said they liked my picture in the paper. Indeed, I had a six-inch color picture on the front page of the features section (with my face on the fold, but whatever). It was an action shot from the Tuesday morning COSI performance--during the last duet, right before I give in to the tenor. It was pretty cool, actually. I haven't told my parents yet, but I'm sure they will be thrilled.
My plans for the rest of the day: learn a lot about DER ROSENKAVALIER and EUGENE ONEGIN and the dancing therein, go to the gym after the library closes, shower, make dinner, and type up the long song cycle-composer list I made last night and this morning which I could not do here because the computer lab is closed. Great fun.
p.s. Todd: you can listen to "The Search is Over" here. I'm sure you've heard it before. The best part about that link is the "customers who bought this also like" section: Asia, Loverboy, Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon and Foreigner. Ain't no denyin'. Oh, and I have also added this CD to my Amazon Wish List... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment