Friday, March 12

Taking a little break...

Things aren't going too badly. I've spent most of the week researching one question (the dance as a signifier in opera one), and I feel like I've got a pretty good grasp on it now. I do need to get started reviewing my pedagogy question, but I only need to review my class notes and textbooks from last semester to prepare for that one. (Granted, it's a hundred pages and a month of class notes, but that's not too bad.) And the artsong question from my voice teacher? Straight cramming of that song list. I'll just read over it a few times, then study it on Monday... But after spending the entire week in the library (though I did have two evening social engagements) I really feel like I should have more done than this. Whatever. All I can say is, come Tuesday afternoon I will be completely relieved. (Other than that recital jury thing, and the fact that I'm supposed to have a voice student for Ped class, and the teacher hasn't found me one yet...but let me enjoy the small victories!)

Oh, and we've been talking about Deborah Voigt lately...By the way, a stone is 14 pounds, which makes her estimated weight 210-280 pounds. The people I've talked to say she's probably about 300 pounds. No difference--it's just a damn black dress! She probably has one in her closet that will suffice. I don't know what to think here.

No comments: