Tuesday, August 7

It's a FO-palooza!


The Holey Socks for my grandmother are finished. That was a really quick knit. Socks on size 5s, baby. So I had nothing on the sticks! (Except for the RRR bag, but I was out of plastic bags so I couldn't work on that.) What did I do, then?


I finally made a scarf for Knit Your Bit (which I like to call "Scarves for Cute Little Old Men"--SFCLOM?). And I mean I started and finished it, over the weekend. (It's the Pine Cone Scarf from Knitting Daily.) I haven't added fringe yet--I have to be in the mood for fringe, but it does certainly make the scarf, doesn't it? Unfortunately the boo was an unwilling model... I took a closeup photo of the pattern, but it doesn't really do it justice. I think I'll be making more of these.

So now I've frogged my Hug shrug (it was extremely unflattering to my chest, plus I'm too klutzy for super-long sleeves), and am using the yarn for a second Sunkist Cardi--this time in black boucle:



How's that for a scintillating WIP photo? Blech... Anyway, this yarn is heavier (not to mention eyelash-free!), so I think it will be a little more flattering than the white one.

I do actually have non-knitting items of interest to share, but I've been on the computer all day, argghh... I'm off tomorrow, so I should get to it then. Before I finish, here's a quiz--the results of which were completely thrown off by my love of science-fiction.








What kind of knitting needles are you?




You are plastic.Futuristic, milky, and silky, you are willing to go where no crafter has gone before. You can do just about anything, with strength agility, and pretty colors to boot! While you are good at slipping and sliding out of sticky situations, remember to stay where and when you are needed. Don't overdo it on star gazing when there's earthbound knitting to be done!
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

2 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Sorry, it's always hard to go to the frog pond, but you'll be happy that you did when you have a successful FO.

Helen said...

That picture of Mark cracks me up. OMG. You're like, "What did I do next? I made Mark pose with a scarf on his head!!"

Too funny. :)

XOXO