Monday, August 20

Not much time to post--I've been so incredibly slack on so many things lately, and I know that it's partly because it's STILL 100 degrees, and partly because my pseudo-menopause has made me gain 20 pounds AND turn my complexion into New York pizza--the kind with the bumpy crust and the orange oil. (Yummy in my tummy, bad on my face.) But REGARDLESS. There are many emails to respond to, and phone calls to make, and a Wagner aria and a whole damn Verdi role (though a short one) to learn...but all I want to do is knit scarves?! Seriously. The Christmas presents can wait, girl!

So yes, I have a few new FOs here, but I am loath to don the Spencer cardigan for even a second (again, 100 degrees) even though it's super cute AND was an incredibly quick knit. (So make it, y'all.) I'm also working on a very cable-y sock--my first sock design project!--which is proceeding quickly (mainly because I'm using Wool-Ease; I've determined that my yen for sock-making must remain subservient to my budget, and I can't keep making eight-dollar pairs of socks, because that's just insane since I don't work full-time, but most of my loved ones are in colder climes anyway so a worsted-weight sock is actually okay) but I won't post a photo until I know who they're for. Same goes for the scarves, actually. So maybe the photos will be a little less frequent this time of year...

Gaah! See, I've already been on too long, and it's already almost four, and all my sentences are run-ons...but I wanted to post just to let you all know there's more to my blog than swap questionnaires. (Speaking of which: two at a time?! Boo is going to crap full-grown fairies when he finds out. Eh, I'll just work two extra days to pay for them...) But here's a fun slideshow before I go: political crafts!

Oh, and HP7 was great...but I'm not so sure about the Epilogue. It all seems so...suburban, you know? Kind of a let-down.

Also: mailed my KVVS package on Wednesday. I hope she gets it soon!

4 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hello, there!

Our weather has cooled to autumn all of a sudden! Considered taking down our pool, but I'll leave it up for you another week.

Glad you found a minute to blog.

Jennifer said...

I am soooo jealous! Although we do get to go trick-or-treating without having to wear coats over our costumes. (The indignity!) :)

Anonymous said...

I picked up my KVVS package from the post office today and I LOVE IT!!! I've already had to rescue the Lingdonberry soap from my MIL and make Andrew stop adding up how much all these wizardly knits are going to cost him. (hee, hee) Those tar heel cookies are YUMMY! And Bear thinks they're even better because they're shaped like feet. I laughed reading your post - two swaps at once. After this summer (3 swaps before I stopped myself) I had to promise to limit myself to one at a time. Anyway, I've added you to my daily read list. Thanks for being such a great swap pal!

nuttnbunny said...

Can't wait till it cools down so you can show off all those FOs!