
That's Mandy's Candy Bag (from Amanda--I did a crochet chain instead of I-cord, but otherwise it's as written). It is destined to hold some soap for a gift for my aunt, but right now it's holding a troll.

Specifically, a Viking troll I bought when I was in Des Moines a few years ago. It's supposed to motivate me in my Wagnerian pursuits. (I am not a troll collector.)
Speaking of Wagner, lessons with the new teacher have been going quite well. Now that the semester is starting up again, the plan is to start alternating between my main teacher (C.) and this one (M.). I finally feel comfortable enough to make a new recording (and just in time, since in six weeks my mug's gonna be on TV and I expect some website traffic)--my regular accompanist has been acting a little cagey in emails, but I do have another person to contact who I think will be even better (former NYC coach who lives locally).
OK, have to get back to the hubby... :,)
3 comments:
Hi, Jennifer!
Awesome job! I love to see the yarns and mods that people are doing... I'm going to put your link in the gallery on my blog right now!
"...but right now it's holding a troll."
Oh, thank God -- for a second I thought the troll head was stitched in there!
Another Raleigh knitter. We have to meet. It's the law.
Me and a couple of ladies normally meet at Caribou Coffee in Brier Creek Shopping Center at 7pm on Thursdays. I don't know if your schedule allows it, but I wish that you'd try to make it. We'd love to meet you.
Post a Comment