Tuesday, April 26

Busy weekend!  Still recovering... The childbirth class was great.  It confirmed the thoughts I already had about wanting to be able to move around during labor, and we learned a lot about the hospital process (good because they unfortunately don't offer tours of the birthing center at the moment).  As a bonus, Mark got some pointers on massage.  If there were one thing I could change about my husband, it would be his lackluster massage skills.  (Worse, he's in complete denial about them.)  Anyway, it was very helpful.  We also got a huge haul of adorable infant clothes from our friends.  The baby probably won't be in 0-3 month size for more than a few weeks (or less), and now we really don't need anything in that size.

Hooray for pictures!  And since it's way too hot here, already, here are pictures of things I made in January that haven't been worn in two months.  Two super-easy projects that were quick to finish, showed off awesome yarn, and are really warm and soft...


Camelot Hat, adapted for Noro Silk Garden (birthday present from Cathy, last year?)--CO 84, and did quicker decreases at the top to make it more snub-nosed.  I changed colors every two rows.


Toast, adapted again for gauge and man-hands (CO 36, I think)--same two colorways.

Doctor Who premiere:  whoa.  That is all I will say.  And on a related (and Easter-y) note, the skill involved in making these is just mind-boggling...

No comments: