Friday, April 29

Feet swollen.  Drinking inhuman amounts of water.  Yeah, that's my riveting life.  Mark is in meetings tonight and tomorrow, so I decided to surprise him by putting some begonias in the windowboxes and planting cucumbers and squash in the vegetable patch.  I got the windowboxes done.  Damn, I have no endurance.  (The worst problem was dealing with the stupid hose, honestly.)  Hopefully I won't be too beat tomorrow to at least get started with the vegetables, but I'll have to turn the soil and add compost... Ugh, that's a hard enough job for two people, plus our wheelbarrow has a flat tire... Maybe I will leave it until Sunday.

Next in the finished project picture parade:  the baby blanket!

CIMG5233


Another item that's been done for two months, but I'm only now taking pictures.  I was so happy with the blanket, but then just today I noticed the mistake.  You can see it in the picture if you look hard enough.  I am kind of pissed about it, but there's nothing I can do.  Well, I suppose I could duplicate stitch over it.  Maybe I will.  I'll see how much it bothers me...  My current travel project is a plain sock out of leftovers, but my main project is this scarf, which I've been wanting to make for years.  How cool is this concept?!  Oh wait, there aren't any pictures in that PDF.  Here's what it actually looks like:


If I like the final product, I may enter it in the fair.  I certainly don't plan on wearing a wool scarf between now and October...  The pattern requires wrong-side cabling, which took me a bit to wrap my brain around, but now that I'm in the rhythm it's not too nuts.

In random notes, I kind of want this, partly because it looks like an isolation booth.  Also, this is 1960s pop from Singapore, which I am enjoying...

No comments: