Monday, April 18

Despite golfball- and larger-sized hail, we managed to weather the tornadoes without even a loss of power Saturday.  That said, four miles from a tornado touchdown is way closer than I would prefer to be.  It also meant spending most of our wedding anniversary at home, though we did go out to the very romantic Carrabba's for dinner. snerk

I did promise pictures, didn't I. 

CIMG5195

This is a sock blocker keychain kit I got years ago in a swap.  Was it Secret Pal 11?  I don't even remember.  But it's way cute and only took about an hour.  I wish I knew what this sock yarn was, because it was lovely to work with.

I made this pattern (Phineas) for Mark a few years ago, but used yarn that felted despite its claims to be superwash. :(  Anyway, since it was a pretty satisfying pattern I decided to make it again for him. 

CIMG5194

I used Deborah Norville Serenity Sock, which works out really well at a tighter gauge (I get 8.5 sts/in on size 1s with it) and washes nicely.  Not bad for $7, you know?  I spent some time last week washing and blocking a bunch of stuff, new and old, so I should actually have some pictures, maybe tomorrow!  In the meantime, I've been working on various practical things--baby legwarmers, a water bottle cozy, socks with leftover yarn--and am putting together a baby blanket for a girl from Stitch & Bitch with squares I collected from the group.  I just have the border to crochet at this point, so it should move relatively smoothly from here on in.  I was planning to work on it during my long baby shower trip next month, but I see no need to wait.

Speaking of our own baby, I feel like I ought to have taken more pictures of my largeness by now.  Maybe I'll get Mark to take some today.  I am officially in my third trimester, and have still only gained 5-7 pounds! :)  I wish I could get through the night without waking up for ninety minutes at 5 A.M., and I wish my intestines would cooperate (hence the weight range! TMI?), but if these and some aches and pains are my only complaints, I'll take it. The kicking is mainly a pleasant reminder that she's still in there, and Braxton-Hicks don't really bother me.  I had my glucose challenge test on Friday (yuck), and I should have the results sometime today.  Major fingers crossed for me!  Considering how many times I've had a piece of cheese or a bowl of cereal instead of a bag of Mini-Eggs, I think I deserve to win this one. :)

Before I sign off, two pop-culture notes:
1.  For all the 30 Rock fans out there.  I love me some Liz Lemon...
2.  Happy 40th to sexy Scot and new dad David Tennant!  I may go home and watch some Doctor Who in his honor...

No comments: