Kind of freaking out about this audition. Honestly, I'm just not ready. I thought I was singing a decent amount every day, but right now I just don't have the stamina built up to get through my bigger arias without really struggling at the end (which is naturally where the high tessitura always is). My old starting aria is basically out (there is some serious bel canto pileup at the end, and a few B-flats, which are not my favorite note), and the one I've decided to start with is also tricky at the end. I don't know how much of it is that I have been working on much lower rep lately (like a contralto aria!), or that maybe my voice just sits lower now...or am I just out of shape? I guess I need to schedule a lesson and figure this out, but that's all too late to address tonight! I'm sure I'll get through it, and it will be okay, but it won't be my best. Maybe it's a good thing that the stakes aren't so high...
*In non-useless freakout news, we had a nice weekend. On Sunday we went to a city pool, where Rosina had a great time in the super-shallow kids' pool, and my half-assed sunscreen self-application technique was rewarded with some blotchy spots on my back. :) I got to wear my new bathing suit, which I was initially very excited about (it's in my bra size, and it only cost $32 with shipping!), but I should probably have ordered a band size up; it is kind of snug. It would be more comfortable if I lost a bit of weight, but at least I can walk around with full bust support.
*I meant to work this afternoon because I wanted to sleep in (I didn't want to sing an audition after having been up for 13+ hours, and happily Rosina obliged by sleeping until ten!), and my remote desktop is not working. I don't know if it will be fixed today, because the office is technically closed now, so I suppose I may get to sleep in again tomorrow!
*Product review: Everyday Coconut Super Hydrating Conditioner. I suppose coconut is included in the ingredients, but this is neither hydrating nor a conditioner. I had to use a huge amount, and even then I ended up re-conditioning with my current conditioner (Nature's Gate Jojoba, which works fine--I just wanted to shake things up). I am hoping to be able to return it due to extreme dissatisfaction, and have ordered some Gud Vanilla Flame conditioner instead. I do like vanilla.
*Another fail: I tried to make milho for the first time on Saturday, after my grandmother walked me through it over the phone. I added too much liquid, and it won't fry! :( I've been eating it as is, but I mean to give it another try in a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment