Wednesday, April 2

Okay Spring, now you're the drunk one

Eight days ago snow was predicted. Today it was almost 90 degrees. WTF?  I would like spring back, please! (Dude, the AC just came on!)  It did give me the impetus to go through Rosina's summer clothes. By weight she should just be getting into 18-month clothing, but in most things she needs at least 24 months in length. This means that the 18-month shorts from last summer still fit--though some may be a bit too small to cover her diaper in a bit, if she's potty-trained before the end of the summer they will fit well without a diaper. Summer clothing is easier for me to work with for her. Little sundresses can always have the sides or straps taken in, or can be worn with leggings if they're too short (though the latter strategy works all year round, provided the proportions are right). Anyway, contemplating her closet is much more interesting (and less depressing) than contemplating mine! She has at least two sundresses with horses on them. Horses!

Other than that, we didn't get up to too much today. I have finally started watching Smash, two years later, and at least in the first episodes it is so much fun!  Rosina liked dancing to the music as well. I made pork with sautéed apples for dinner--for which I have gotten into the convenient habit of slicing way too many apples.  Oh darn, I have to eat all of this sautéed apple?! My life is so hard. :) For tomorrow: I've meant to go to one of the local Asian markets for several weeks, but other things would intervene. I'd like to get some more curry paste and a whole bunch of soba and rice noodles. Ooh, and bao if they have any without MSG. I could eat bao forever. 

I am still dealing with this stupid crappy shoulder, so after doing some ab work, I mainly did upper body stuff for my daily bellydancing. I'm not sure if it helped much, but it couldn't hurt at this point. 

In crafting news, I have started some socks for Mark for an anniversary gift. (No, he does not need any more socks--but he did wear a hole in one recently, and if my repair doesn't hold they'll need to be replaced.). I'm using the second skein of Sock-Ease from the big box from my mother (this one is totally NYM colors, which I can needle Mark about), and I'm making Hermione's Everyday Socks. Not the most scintillating pattern, but he is not a fan of busy patterns on his socks. (Busy colorways are another story!) I've just started the heel. For the two pairs I knit myself during the Olympics, I decided to try a Padded Sweet Tomato Heel, hoping the padding would keep me from wearing through the heels too quickly. It's too soon to tell about that, but I don't think the fit is all that great for me--the rounds where you knit all the wrapped stitches seem to hit at a bad spot on my ankle. With these socks, though they are not for me, I'm attempting a regular short-row heel with slipped stitches. We shall see how this works out...

Selfie Month, Day 2: since I took a shower this afternoon, a rare glimpse of me with no makeup but some lip gloss. As I told Rosina in the NICU, don't get used to seeing me without eyeliner on. 


I had some trouble getting the light right while not looking insane...

No comments: