Also, in the most Bourgie news ever, we went to Carrabba's for dinner. I initially wanted Indian, but I could tell Mark wasn't feeling it. Comfort food it is!
I got a check from my grandmother. I am always conflicted about this: she doesn't need to be spending her fixed income on me, but then who am I to tell her not to spend her money however she wants? Mark said I should consider the check paying for our dinner. :)
Anyway, yes: prime number. I should not have acne and sun damage and wrinkles, but such is life. I should be thankful that my hair color is 100% my own! (Another thing to thank Grandma for, since I certainly didn't inherit the delayed grey from my mother!). Also, while I am no longer "cool" in the traditional culturally-dictated sense, I know plenty of awesome people in their forties and fifties; I would gladly emulate that kind of cool. A prime number is not a death sentence! Honestly, being 23 totally sucked until I met my husband--another prime number. (Which reminds me that our ninth anniversary is in a few weeks, and we really need to start planning if we actually want to do something big for next year. Huh, that is a "mature" thing to do...)
I had been looking forward to going to the Lebanese festival today, but we're still just so run-down, and I could tell Mark wasn't looking forward to fighting crowds downtown--so we took Rosina to the playground instead. It had been two weeks, so she really let off some steam! I took this great picture on our way to the car:
My two favorite people, outside on a beautiful day! That's a pretty nice birthday gift. :)


3 comments:
Your daughter, the shampoo commercial...
What's the deal with prime number ages -- have they been historically bad (13, ugh...) or is it a more general bad luck thing?
(please take the following statement in jest)
You can take your 100% all my own color hair and shove it!
I've been going grey since I was 23 and now that I'm pregnant (again), I can't dye it with anything other than henna...and henna takes too long and makes my hair too dark. ::sigh:: First thing I'm doing when Stormageddon comes out is getting those greys taken care of. I'm only 34 years old...::sigh::
Luckily, I don't have the wrinkles, though :) Or, maybe I do and I just don't notice them yet...
No worries, I know how lucky I am! The hair goddesses have been good to us. :) I am allergic to one of the chemicals in hair dye, and henna makes my hair very dry, so when I do feel the need to color it there will be few options.
I just don't like prime numbers. Except five. Five is a good number.
Post a Comment