Friday, January 31

Friday Five
1. As a child, who was your favorite superhero/heroine? Why?
Probably Wonder Woman, because of the boobs and the invisible plane. But I don't remember too well.

2. What was one thing you always wanted as a child but never got?
Ballet lessons! All my friends were taking ballet, and I really wanted to, but had somehow decided that my parents didn't have enough money to pay for dance classes so I never asked. At least that's what my mother says. I always thought I had asked, but my parents said they couldn't afford it.

3. What's the furthest from home you've been?
Madrid, for a few hours in 1985. Then we went to Portugal--that was pretty far away. The next farthest would be Minneapolis--pretty damn far from New York and North Carolina.

4. What's one thing you've always wanted to learn but haven't yet?
Ballroom dancing! Mark is pretty good, actually, but he hasn't taught me much yet. (I'm a slow learner.)

5. What are your plans for the weekend?
Mark is coming here--I think we're going to Old Salem (tourist trap) tomorrow, and maybe we'll have dinner with Elena and Jeff. Sunday evening I will hopefully hear from Helen. And I have to read that stupid dissertation.

I have to go to class. More later.

No comments: