I know, my archives aren't working, plus the comments are still not up. I e-mailed Greg, and hopefully he will come to save my ass again when he finds it possible to tear himself away from his beautiful family. If I were him, I wouldn't get anything done...
Anyway, I'm just writing to say hello. I have to go pick up the dissertation I got on inter-library loan (not only do I have to schlep across campus for it, but it came on MICROFILM, so I can't even take it home to read--sucks!)--plus my car has been parked overtime for like three hours now... Not too much is up today. I was able to take (copious) notes on my lesson and practice with my accompanist. My voice teacher told me Monday that I have to sing in rep class next week--you'd think I have something ready, and I do, sort of, but I still need to run it through with her a bit in my next lesson. I also had a very brief opera chorus rehearsal--just the way I like them! Oh, and I had that dumb opera class today. I hadn't done the reading or the listening (partially in protest), so I just sat quiet in class and took notes. Wonder of wonders, the professor actually lectured today! I'll try not to get used to it. In related news, I think I finally have a paper topic nailed down. I just hope this professor thinks it's "substantive" enough this time! And on the work front, I've finally gotten out from under last Thursday's pile of subcontracts! I'm actually almost caught up. That feels really good.
So I've actually had a pretty good day, I guess. (++) I'll keep y'all posted. And THE BACHELORETTE is on tonight...she didn't pick my guy (Bob, a cuter/older/Midwestern version of Davin), so I guess I have to root for Ryan. Even though he writes bad poetry, at least he's semi-literate and not an asshole. Plus he's a firefighter. Danger, Will Robinson!
P.S. Cathy--I thought you said you were updating your webpage! I hope this lights a fire under your butt.
No comments:
Post a Comment