Friday Five
1. Explain why you started to journal/blog.
It's a good way to keep in touch with my friends in other states. Plus I'm hoping some random fellow bloggers read it sometimes.
2. Do people you interact with day to day or family members know about your journal/blog? Why or why not?
Some--Mark knows about it but doesn't read it because he thinks it's "too personal". Yeah, but I tell him everything anyway, so I don't get it. People at school know I have a website, but I don't divulge its contents or my URL since someone might get offended. Nobody in my family knows about it, so far as I know...
3. Do you have a theme for your journal/blog?
Yeah, just me rambling about random shit. I guess the theme is "twenty-something New Yorker in voice program in North Carolina, who lives 80 miles from boyfriend and hundreds from her best friends and her family...includes references to intimacy issues, eating disorders, pop culture, opera, college, etc."
4. What direction would you like to have your journal/blog go in over the next year?
I would like to continue writing on a regular basis. And I'd like to develop a network of others in the "community". I guess my comments will be back up soon, which will help.
5. Pimp five of your favorite journals/blogs.
See my links. I know that doesn't add up to five, but other people are a bit more private...
I was expecting a list about Valentine's Day, you know...
Oh, how I love V-Day. Not for the general silly Hallmark reasons, but because I lost my virginity on February 14, 1999. (Yeah, that was Damian.) I waited and waited for the right person, and when I finally gave up (gave in?) it was totally worth the wait. He wasn't The One, but he was certainly Somebody--i.e. somebody who didn't treat me like crap or laugh at me with his friends or get drunk all the time. And it was a wonderful experience overall. Who was it that used to say, "A good time was had by all" in high school? God, I don't remember.
Anyway, I'm off to Mark's now. I'm excited to be getting into town in time to beat the rush hour traffic. I have to do some shopping first--I told him I would cook dinner--but it should be a pleasant, relaxing evening. (We're staying in to avoid the "date night" crowds.)
Oh, did I mention I'm going to see Tori Amos in two weeks? I haven't bought the tickets yet, but I'll be going with one of the other grad students (a 2nd-year) and probably her housemate. It's a girl from my studio who is my own age and seems totally nice, but that I haven't spent all that much time with yet. I'm looking forward to a Tori concert where I don't have to sit in the middle of a bunch of sorority girls who sing along to every song (i.e. even "Me and a Gun"!). It totally sucked, particularly because the offending SDT'er (or whomever) was, like, the worst singer ever, and liked to fake the words when she didn't know them. Damn, that was in 1996, and I still remember how irritated and uncomfortable I was. Anyway, that should be fun.
Helen and Greg: I bought my tickets to Ithaca!! I'll call you with the details.
No comments:
Post a Comment