Not much time to write, but here's The Friday Five, at least...
1. What is your most prized material possession?
My car. I never realized how important it would be. It was also the best present I've ever received, with that poem as a close second. :)
2. What item, that you currently own, have you had the longest?
My stuffed panda bear, which my great-grandmother bought for me when I was a newborn. I named him Spot in second grade, when I realized that he didn't have a name.
3. Are you a packrat?
Perhaps...but I'm getting better. I have saved every greeting card I've received since my tenth birthday, but that's more of a sentimental collection than evidence that I'm a packrat. About twice a year I give away books I don't read and clothes I don't wear, and at the end of every semester I throw away any paperwork that seems redundant or unimportant.
4. Do you prefer a spic-and-span clean house? Or is some clutter necessary to avoid the appearance of a museum?
B)--though you'd sooner prepare my apartment to a disaster area than a museum. Weeks of clean laundry slowly wrinkle on my bedroom floor. I have to shove away papers on the coffee table in order to find a coaster. And sometimes my shoes don't get put away. But it's really not bad...
5. Do the rooms in your house have a theme? Or is it a mixture of knick-knacks here and there?
The theme is, "Here's all the stuff we could fit in the pickup." I dunno...I have a lot of candles, but I don't think that's a theme. My bedroom is supposed to look celestial. I have art posters and retro liquor ads up in the dining room--that's the redneck bistro, I suppose. And I guess the living room is supposed to look vaguely Moroccan--lots of royal blue and rich colors. (Though there's not much you can do with cream walls and tan carpet.) Oh, and I have a tin Campbell's Soup sign in my kitchen. I have this thing about old advertisements, I guess.
This has been a yucky week. I've been tired a lot of the time and I get lightheaded at night. I'm just feeling pissy with the world... My workload probably has something to do with it--all the stuff I've been giving the once-over-lightly treatment all semester is starting to clamor for my attention, all at the same time. Whoopee. And I'm not at the danger point yet, but I'm beginning to see that with a few missteps and delays I could be, soon. But I'm still not giving up my Saturdays, damn it! I'm on my way to Raleigh in like, five minutes. Hope you all have a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment