Tuesday, February 18

Not much going on here--fighting some serious ennui, though. The snowstorm most of you are currently digging out of hit us on Sunday--sleet and freezing rain. I almost skidded out on the highway--and saw almost a dozen other vehicles that had. That was unpleasant. Yesterday I stayed in my nightgown all day and watched The Proud Family all afternoon.

Mark wrote me a poem for Valentine's Day! I cried. It was so amazingly sweet. A few weeks ago I mentioned that I wanted him to write me a poem (I got the idea from The Bachelorette, where one of the men writes Trista totally goofy, high-school poetry--I figured Mark's would be better, since he's a writer and all), but I wasn't fishing for it or expecting it on any special occasion... So I was very pleasantly surprised. I got him some T-shirts and Homer Simpson boxers--not so romantic. And I made us chicken curry and carrot-raisin salad for dinner--very good. No play, though--we were both really tired.

Anyway, I hope things are good with everyone. Hope the babies are feeling better, Helen!!

No comments: