I'm full of random thoughts today...I'm in a good mood, though, so they're all happy thoughts.
Guess who has a blog? This is great...
An apropos quote from a former New Jersey Poet Laureate:
I want you to know my hands are dirty,
But I wanted to be your Valentine,
I'll be the water when you get thirsty, baby,
When you get drunk I'll be the wine...
That would be Jon Bon Jovi, folks. You know, I bet his last name is really Bongiovi, but the A&R guys thought that sounded "too ethnic".
I got the new Yves Rocher catalog yesterday. {{drool}} I know I said I wasn't going to buy stuff from them anymore, but I am totally tempted. Maybe I could just have Elena tack my order onto hers--that way our order would be large enough for free shipping, plus I wouldn't have to worry about the whole shipping fiasco that caused the problem last time. I think that to me, buying CRAP via mail-order is harder to resist than buying similar detritus in an actual store. It's not like their cosmetics and/or skin care products are any better than those of, say, L'Oreal. And you can actually examine things before you buy them in the store. That way you won't, say, purchase a facial cleanser that is way way too mild for your skin, which is what I did in my penultimate order. Damn, I can basically only use it for eye makeup remover...
Speaking of which--guess what I saw in the mirror yesterday? CROWS' FEET!!! They're little, but they are definitely not a figment of my imagination. When I was in college I swore I would never get freaked out by anything as silly as wrinkles {{shudder}}...but here I am, and I'm a little freaked out, ragazzi. I just never thought it would happen this soon. I mean, I'm not even 26--I really ought to have at least ten more wrinkle-free years, you know? Could it be ten years of contact lens insertion that's caused the problem? Or maybe my eyeliner application technique? I really try not to stretch the skin that much! Okay, I know this is so minor, and I don't want to be a total vanity case, but I had always thought my oily skin would save me from this stuff until I hit my forties--the other women in my family have had late-onset wrinkles, after all, and my mother has very young-looking skin. I'm just afraid what I'm going to look like when I'm her age, if this continues. What if I turn into Karen "Botox-and-a-Martini" Walker?? Doesn't this sound like me?
"I've got practically no responsibilities, my job's a breeze and I've got a KILLER rack. Good morning! "
Speaking of Will and Grace, this is Eric McCormack's actual website! (The link will take you to a quotes page, but no matter.)
Okay, I've been fucking around for too long. I actually have work to do, and I'd better go do it. Ta!
Like I said, I'm in a good mood. Seriously. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment