Another Friday Five:
1. How many times have you truly been in love?
Three. Or maybe just two. I don't know if I was actually in love with Davin--but it was so long ago, does it really matter?
2. What was/is so great about the person you love(d) the most?
He's incredibly kind, he's really intelligent, he's truly interested in other people and in making the world better, he really understands me...there are so many reasons. He's one of those people that have a light around them, you know?
3. What qualities should a significant other have?
Honesty, caring, intelligence, the ability to compromise, all that mushy stuff. Physical attraction is important, but it always strengthens over time.
4. Have you ever broken someone's heart?
God, I hope not. Maybe once. There was that time where Howie was really jealous and almost got into a fight with Damian over me...maybe Howie was more upset by my breaking up with him than I initially thought. But I was really nice about it...
5. If there was one thing you could teach people about love, what would it be?
If you could live without the sex, then you may just be in love.
I don't know!! Maybe when I've been married for twenty years I'll have some light to shed on the topic.
I've been having this total drama over my living situation. As many of you know, the only reason I currently live alone is because I couldn't find anyone to live with last summer. Now, after almost a year of it, I have learned once and for all that I despise living alone. Plus it's damn expensive! So I have been trying since January to live with someone--to either move into an already established place or get a 2BR in the same complex where I live now. So far no luck. Everybody has just been really set in their living situation. So I went online to this roommate service, and thought I had somebody, but it didn't turn out. So yesterday I sent out this e-mail to all the people I've been in shows with here, asking if anybody is interested or knows someone who is interested in living with me. And I finally think I might have somebody. Hopefully. Wish me luck, PLEASE! It would lower my stress level so much.
The other thing (besides food and music) which I've been dwelling on is my job. Currently I am working 16-20 hours a week, because my office just doesn't have enough work to keep me busy all day. But my supervisor, as I've mentioned, has family matters to attend to, and is going back up to Vermont to be with her parents. She has decided to give her two-week notice on the last Friday in June (at which time I'll be in Minneapolis). Apparently the company tends not to let people serve their notice (because it smacks of disloyalty--aren't they assholes?), so she doesn't expect to be working after that day. She has suggested to me that the company will probably let me work full time until they can find and train a replacement. I just hope this is true. I have enough to worry about for next semester--that is, the only times I'm definitely available are Tuesday and Thursday afternoons--so the last thing I want is for the heat to come down on me there. There's just a lot of uncertainty. And I know there's nothing I can really do about it, other than just keep doing my job well. So I guess that's what I have to do. I guess I ought to worry about other things. Like, for instance, buying a new mop because the one I have is completely ineffective (one of those $6 sponge-on-a-stick jobs). Or going to pick up my prescription. Speaking of which, I'd better get going.
p.s. I took off the compatibility chart, because it just wouldn't load right.
No comments:
Post a Comment