Friday, June 20

One of my favorite topics, courtesy of The Friday Five:

1. Is your hair naturally curly, wavy, or straight? Long or short?
Pretty straight (with waves when it gets long), shoulder length with layers and bangs (no mall hair!).

2. How has your hair changed over your lifetime?
It used to be a lot thicker. And the grays are more frequent as of late. How freaky is it to feel old?!

3. How do your normally wear your hair?
Up or down. My bangs were too thick, so I'm trying to grow part of them out. This generally involves an array of barrettes and/or bobby pins. It's not all that fun.

4. If you could change your hair this minute, what would it look like?
The aforementioned bangs problem (I refuse to use the word bang in this context--that sounds too much like Seventeen circa 1989) would not exist, it would be about six inches longer, and would be thick again!

5. Ever had a hair disaster? What happened?
See 1987-1991, aka The Perm Years. Why my mother encouraged me to destroy my perfectly healthy hair, I will never know.

I'm trying to get things done today, so I can't stay long here. But I did want to share something from Slate about Democratic presidential candidates they're profiling. They just dissected some catchphrases from Local Boy John Edwards. I appreciate their ingenuity, but it seems silly to criticize politicians for being politicians. You know going into the game that they have hidden agendas and things they want to de-emphasize, so why bother pointing out the obvious? Nevertheless, it's interesting.

And I wanted to give shoutouts to my ladies out there who are going through some crazy stuff right now--whether it be massive dietary/pharmacological changes or really rough breakups. I just wanted to remind you that I'm here, whenever, regardless of the fact that I'll be out of town. I'll try to check my e-mail every day, and you can still call me and leave messages (though I may not be able to return calls until the evening). Please hang in there--I know I'll be trying, too. Love you all.


No comments: