
You're St. Augustine. You have a lot to say to the
world about following God.
Which Philosopher are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

You are Morpheus, from "The Matrix." You
have strong faith in yourself and those around
you. A true leader, you are relentless in your
pursuit.
What Matrix Persona Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla
Speaking of THE MATRIX, I was totally disappointed with the sequel. We get it, you've got computers. Now how about a plot?

Cocaine.
You like to talk,
you like to run,
but most of all you like to have fun.
Which drug should you be hooked on? [now with pictures]
brought to you by Quizilla
You are Charles Dickens. You feel sorry for everyone. You are incapable of finding a grey area between good and evil. You are mentallyand emotionally strong, and dug yourself out of poverty with your own genius... without feeling terribly sorry for yourself. You wrote rather more than would seem humanly possible. You areobsessed with social issues, and have a morbid fascination with London.
Which dead 19th Century novelist are you?
brought to you by
Quizilla
And here's one I found that particularly spoke to me...
You are a heroine from a Verdi tragic opera. You
are beautiful, and probably loved by at least
two men. Sadly, you will die a tragic death,
probably because of the selfishness of one or
both of them.
What kind of opera heroine are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
And because I never tire of talking about giving the President the boot, here's a candidate selector. Here were my results:
1. Kucinich, Cong. Dennis, OH - Democrat (100%)
2. Kerry, Senator John, MA - Democrat (81%)
3. Dean, Gov. Howard, VT - Democrat (80%)
4. Moseley-Braun, Former Senator Carol IL - Democrat (79%)
5. Gephardt, Cong. Dick, MO - Democrat (79%)
6. Edwards, Senator John, NC - Democrat (77%)
7. Lieberman Senator Joe CT - Democrat (70%)
8. Sharpton, Reverend Al - Democrat (66%)
9. Graham, Senator Bob, FL - Democrat (64%)
10. Libertarian Candidate (27%)
11. Bush, George W. - US President (8%)
12. Phillips, Howard - Constitution (3%)
13. LaRouche, Lyndon H. Jr. - Democrat (-8%)
I guess I really do need to read up on this Kucinich guy. If I can spell his name right. Who am I kidding? Nobody as liberal as I am would ever get elected president...
Anyway, enough with the quizzes. I had a great time in Cleveland--though I certainly drank too much and had to sleep in a pre-bunked dorm bed (i.e. we couldn't push the beds together--we were bunkmates for three days). Mark's friends are just really good people, and they seem to like me a whole lot--I fit in with them pretty well. His friend Mark (who's expecting a baby in November) told me that he told Mark he needs to get me a ring. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this, at least. I think Mark is just waiting for the right moment. The last time I brought up the issue, we discussed the fact that neither of us are particularly enamored of long engagements. Maybe that means he's going to wait until next spring, when I get my master's. But even then it's not like we're going to be living together for a while (hopefully I'll get involved in some Young Artist programs). I don't know what's going to happen. I just know I want to spend my live with him. Is that so wrong? [Harvey Fierstein voice]
On the food front--nicht so gut. I was doing fine until yesterday, when I cut my meeting and decided to have a B&J pint for dessert. There's no easy way out of this, is there? I guess I just have to keep in mind that 12-step programs are not quick fixes--they're huge, life-altering processes. And I also need to learn when to ask for help...
No comments:
Post a Comment