1. The truth is revealed!
| ||||||||||||||||||||
Everybody sign up so I can put you on there! You might need to be on LiveJournal, though--in that case, never mind...
2. This is all good...

You are "Amelie". You are a dreamer and
only want the best for everyone. Give yourself
some of that attention and maybe your dreams
will come true.
!?!What Indie Film Personality Are You!?!
brought to you by Quizilla
3. Here's this interview thing:
If you want me to interview you--post a comment that simply says, "Interview me." I'll respond with questions for you to take back to your own journal and answer as a post. Of course, they'll be different for each person since this is an interview and not a general survey. At the bottom of your post, after answering the Interviewer's questions, you ask if anyone wants to be interviewed. So it becomes your turn -- in the comments, you ask them any questions you have for them to take back to their journals and answer. And so it becomes the circle.
Because I do not currently have comments, just e-mail me and I'll post the questions...Here are the questions Erik asked me:
1. Who is your favorite composer and why?
Mozart, because his music is fulfilling on both aesthetic and theoretical levels. He has these amazing melodies, but meanwhile the whole thing is so mathematically perfect. It's really awesome to hear where he can go with material...
2. What do you believe is the biggest misconception people have about you?
Maybe that I'm standoffish...I actually am shy around people I don't know very well, just because I don't want to look stupid.
3. Does the end ever justify the means?
Yes: 1. baking; 2. childbirth; 3. foreplay; 4. opera rehearsals... There are more, I'm sure.
4. If you could give the graduating class of 2003 one piece of advice, what would that be?
Y'all will probably have to go to graduate school--but maybe you shouldn't all go right away... :)
5. How and when did you first become serious about singing/vocal performance?
Probably the fall of 1996, but I wasn't sure if I could ever cut it professionally until August of 2000 (thanks Sara!).
Okay, so the weekend was pretty good--except that the convention went until 5:30 P.M. on Saturday and NOTHING is open in downtown Charlotte on the weekend! (Friday night we went to this great restaurant, and swam in a really cold swimming pool surrounded by skyscrapers--it looked like something out of a movie.) I walked all around town in the morning, trying to find an open coffee shop that wasn't Starbucks, but it was in vain. I did go to this cool museum, and bought posters when I'm supposed to be saving my money. Then I ate lunch and went to the public library. But by two-thirty I was done with downtown Charlotte. I tried to read my book in this cute park, but it was REALLY windy and the place was DESERTED, and I felt uncomfortable. It was just a weird day--but that may have something to do with my reading material (The Satanic Verses, which is totally strange).
It was a bad week for my food issues, unfortunately. On Monday I did something I've never done before--two pints of Ben & Jerry's within six hours! That was 2400 calories--on top of breakfast and dinner. And I didn't go to the meeting, of course. Sometimes I think I've underestimated my capacity for self-destructive behavior. I know this all is a process, but I'm starting to get really irritated at myself. Even if I can't control my eating (ahem, step one!), at least I ought to drag myself to a weekly meeting--one hour a week!--instead of staying home just to watch an Austin Powers movie I've already SEEN! I feel like I'm wrestling with someone WAY bigger than me--and usually it's just easier to concede defeat.
ANYWAY, not to bring everybody down. I'm just stuck in a shitty period right now. I need to shake things up. I've got that trip to Cleveland next week, which should be a lot of fun. And in two weeks I'm going to Minneapolis (haven't gotten my music yet!!), so I won't have much time to think about food, at least! Okay, have to go. Try not to worry about me--though prayers are always accepted. As are donations.
No comments:
Post a Comment