Monday, December 1

True story: A few weeks ago we got a Hickory Farms catalog in the mail. I left it for Mark to look at, assuming he'd just recycle it. A week or so later, I found him snuffling in the living room, looking around for his "cheese magazine". Yes, he was reading the Hickory Farms catalog like a magazine. I mean, I like to hang onto KnitPicks and Lion Brand catalogs for a while, but they actually contain valuable information (and yarn pr0n). Apparently my husband likes to look at pictures of summer sausage and cheese logs. I don't know if I ought to be worried.

Had another successfully productive day, though not as productive as I'd like. Arias do not learn themselves, folks. I did finally finish the cuff on Mark's first sock, though. I'm using Patons Kroy, which I'd never worked with before. I understand why this is such a popular yarn in Canada! It makes a lovely soft fabric for a great price ($5 a skein at Michael's!).

Getting ready for my trip to New York! I'm hoping to catch up with a few friends from college--one of whom I've been out of touch with for five years or so, and have just caught up with on Facebook. (Oh yes, I was a doubter, but you can count me as a fan.) That, and I'm trying to schedule a time with my vocal coach. I hope I can work that out.

3 comments:

Diana said...

"Cheese Magazine"--that's hilarious! I can see my husband doing the same thing. Except I would find it in the bathroom.

Jennifer said...

Um, I think that's where he was planning to take it...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I am disturbing my officemates with how hard I am laughing at that first paragraph... and I am going to send this along to my husband, who will think both the "cheese magazine" part and the bathroom part are fine ideas.