Tuesday, August 13

Progress

*Baby shower is scheduled, invitations are sent!  Worrying a bit about logistics, since Rosina doesn't like to take naps in strange places...

*New York trip in October is planned!  My parents are picking up the tab, happily.  It seems ludicrous to pay for a full-price ticket for a 22-pound child, when a 32-pound 23-month-old can fly for free, but what an you do?  Maybe they ought to charge by weight... Still trying to figure out how to manage a laptop with our luggage, but I have some ideas.

*California trip is also scheduled.  Unfortunately my flight itinerary got changed, and now I'm going to miss a meeting.  Currently on the phone with Orbitz to see if it can be changed.

*Labor Day turkey barbecue invitation is out!  I forget when we need to buy the turkey to make sure it's thawed out in time, but that's Mark's department, anyway. :)

*Crafting fails!  A:  I ran out of yarn for my February Fitted!  I have just enough to finish the second sleeve, and still need to knit the collar.  I didn't realize this pattern used so much yarn... Anyway, the Berroco Touche I'm using is discontinued, but I did find a store that claimed to have my colorway in stock.  I still haven't received a shipping confirmation, but it's still too humid to wear it, anyway.  Buying more yarn also means I can make a deeper collar.  B:  I've had a pair of Express Lanes on the back burner for a while, and since the sweater's in time out I pulled out the socks.  I ended up ripping out about six inches of cuff and heel when I realized that it was just too short in the foot.  Also, note to self:  round toes.  Always knit round toes.  Wedge toes are incompatible with your foot.

No comments: