Wednesday, August 7

There's no rhyme or reason, everyone's to blame


*I have had this song in my head for a few days, and it definitely beats the theme songs from children's television shows:


I don't understand why this is never on the radio--it's better than most of the Black Sabbath and AC/DC from the same era, and the guitarists are really killing it. (And it's about the environment!  Deep.)  Come to think of it, they hardly ever play pre-Permanent Vacation Aerosmith on the radio, with the exception of "Walk This Way" and the occasional "Sweet Emotion" (which I don't really like).  Anyway, it was a funny coincidence when yesterday one of my FB friends linked to an Onion post featuring Aerosmith pictures.  Also, the more you look at the word "Aerosmith", the less sense it makes.

*Rosina is apparently back to teething again, and it is not so great.  The fact that she's not even awake yet is probably testament to that.  Poor thing!

*I finished the group blanket project in record time!  Granted, I did work on it for about seven hours on Saturday.  It came out surprisingly well!  I hate to think that I'm sort of committed to another one by mid-October--and I'm cringing at having to ask for more squares from people.  Y'all need to stop having babies!  I have finished the body of my February Fitted, and am almost done with the first (short) sleeve.  I really hope this works...

*Had a rough day on Monday when I got on the scale and saw numbers I really didn't want to see.  Thanks, eating disorder brain! :/  Then I remembered that I started a new pill three weeks ago (Seasonale), and it all made sense.  I'm still not happy about it, but at least I know it's not my fault!  Hopefully I won't gain any more.  I think my hot flashes have gone away, which is a good sign.

*There's a huge kids' consignment sale in town over the next two weekends, so I decided to take inventory of what we have for Rosina for the fall and winter.  I got a bunch of stuff from a friend back in the spring, so I was hoping we wouldn't need much.  Okay, how is it that she has NO PANTS?!  Pants are really hard to fit on her anyway, and I would have liked to have more than a pair of overalls and a whole bunch of leggings in ridiculous colors we don't need (seriously, navy blue and pink?  Thanks, Mom).  Rosina has a great pair of black yoga-style pants from Old Navy that still fit from last winter, so I definitely want to pick up a few more of those when they're in stores.  Target sells great unisex knit pants that I ended up buying in three sizes (what my aunt dubbed her "old-man pants"), but she's grown out of the size range on those.  I may end up sewing some pants, if I get stuck.  She's getting ever closer to potty-training--we've had a number of dry diapers over the past few weeks, despite pushing water on her all the time--and I have no idea what we're going to do then, since a lot of times her diaper is what's keeping her pants up. O_o  Jeggings have helped us out in the past, and they may continue to do so...

No comments: