*Rosina (with me at the helm, largely) made a jellyfish in her art class yesterday. She has been semi-obsessed with turtles since the turtle project last week, but I'm quite sure she doesn't know what a jellyfish is...
*Met up with Erica at Babies R Us yesterday. It's not my favorite store, but it's twenty minutes closer than Buy Buy Baby and I needed tiny pipecleaner-y brushes to clean straws, and almost nobody sells those, for some reason. Also, their extended super-clearance is relevant to my interests. Who cares about their shitty return policy when I'm buying a $2 pair of pants for next year? Rosina enjoyed the "duckies" (big nasty Canada geese) and the really enormous fish in the big retention pond at the mall.
*Still haven't heard back about going to California, but at least it seems that the stupid problem with our publishing partner has been resolved. For the time being. I think. Or at least I'm not going to worry about it all weekend. At least I'm justifying my existence, because there's no way my editor would be able to handle this situation without totally losing his shit (I suppose I lost mine, but at least it was alone, in the privacy of my own home).
*Gathered the last of the blanket squares last night. I have to make three more light-colored squares to finish up (and frogged a dark one of mine already), but it won't take too long. Still not sure how I want to assemble it, but I have a few days to work that out, and will ask my Monday night group if I run out of ideas.
*Speaking of Monday night, we are doing a super cute and surprisingly sexy choreo in Bollywood this session. I probably prefer Bollywood to bellydancing, but Bollywood's a lot harder on my feet, plus the class gets out kind of late.
3 comments:
Yaaay you're back! I love that photo of Rosina with the cucumber. I know she's smelling it but she looks like she's taking a giant bite. The dress is adorable and impressive!
I think she did take a bite eventually! The dress came out cute, but it wasn't too complicated since I used the shirt's preexisting empire waist. You may inherit it for next summer!
Post a Comment