Today I was at Target, and I didn't notice until it was time to pay that I'd left my wallet home. It would've been annoying to waste the trip, but there really wasn't anything that couldn't wait until tomorrow--but a woman came up behind us and offered to pay for our order. Twenty dollars! I tried to refuse, but she insisted. My faith in humanity is restored! I'll be paying for a few anonymous drive-thru orders in the next few weeks. :)
It took a long while to fall asleep last night--even with NyQuil in my system--but I did actually feel better in the morning, and am well on my way back to normal now, hopefully. I can taste again, and maybe my left ear will get back to its usual 75 percent one of these days. Who knows, maybe I'll be up for cleaning the house one of these days! Seriously, the living room carpet and the master bathroom. No, just no.
I was too sick to go to my dance class last night, but I did hear about this today. Sounds like a great way to stay motivated--and five minutes a day is nothing. Hip bumps while making dinner, even! (Which is basically what I did today.)
Speaking of dinner, I made this tonight, and it came out really well. I used fat-free evaporated milk and low-fat sour cream instead of half-and-half and heavy cream, and it worked out fine. I also used homemade stock instead of bouillon. Does anybody really use bouillon cubes? Ugh, that is so much salt. I mean, maybe if you're camping out, or in your hurricane supplies, but really, yuck.
I did promise selfies, did I not?
Dirty hair and weird lighting, but I did promise. These always look weird to me, presumably because they are reversed from what we see in the mirror. I'm sure I don't really have crazy eyes--not all the time, anyway.

2 comments:
Nice selfie! I am going to steal that recipe -- thank you for reporting on the results with lower-fat ingredients. I think those stock-base pastes taste better than bouillon cubes... dunno about the salt though.
So long as you have room in your freezer, you should totally make your own stock! All you need is a chicken carcass and some herbs, plus a few carrots, celery, onion skins--whatever's lying around--and you can completely control the salt and spices. I just let it simmer on the stove all day, but I bet you could use a crockpot as well. The last time I made it I used the bones from a Costco rotisserie chicken, and it made 12 cups! It's basically idiot-proof.
Post a Comment